The 2016 annual Grants List has been released and shows all the great causes that The Lion Foundation have supported over the last year.
It’s been another busy year for the team at The Lion Foundation, below is a copy of our annual report for 2014/15
The Lion Foundation latest annual grants list has now been released, outlining our full range of community partnerships for 2014/15:
The Lion Foundation has recently spent the final portion of the $5m allocated toward the revitalization of Christchurch following the 2011 earthquake. We are extremely proud of our role in the regions recovery and believe this has been $5m well invested into deserving community causes. Full details can be found here:
The Gambling Amendment Bill (No 2) passed into law on 24 February 2015. It introduces changes for the things that grant recipients and venue managers must do.
For venue operators, it will include the following changes:
- Gaming machine profits must be banked directly into the societies bank account
- A new duty for venue managers to assist problem gamblers where ongoing issues exist
- Venue staff will be able to request full details from a person who wishes to self-exclude
- An expanded test for “key person” suitability
For grant recipients, it will include the following changes:
- A new duty on grant recipients to use grants for the specific purpose it was granted
If you are a venue operator and you would like more information on what this law change will mean for you, please contact your Lion Foundation account manager.